November Digital Tips
*APS Students now have Class Pass for Atlanta Fulton County Library
*Filtering Google Search by Tools/Date or News
*Google Doodle Archives and Doodle 4 Google
Wednesday, November 28, 2018
Tuesday, October 30, 2018
|Image source: http://spellingbee.com/|
It is time to start prepping for the
Any ANCS student in grades 4-8 may join. Study lists may be picked up in the libraries on either campus, or Ms. Linahan can email/Google share a pdf by request.
The winner will go on to compete in the Atlanta Public Schools District Bee.
Students may sign up here.
Monday, October 29, 2018
Books, Breakfast & Buzzers - or BBB - is the student-christened name for our Reading Bowl team. It is open to any interested student. We will begin meeting in November after school on Mondays until 4:30 and on Fridays for Library Lunches. Our reading list will consist of all 20 titles from the Georgia Children's Book Award Nominees which are segregated by grades 4-5 and 6-8, but all are great middle school reads. Students should aim to read at least 4 books. The more they read, the better they will do in the final trivia bowl. During meetings, students will have time to work on book trailers and create trivia questions. The majority of the reading is done on the student's own time. The club will have a final meeting on Saturday, February 2 where families can join us for breakfast, hear our book discussions and see our book trailers and displays. The morning culminates with a nail-biting trivia event and lots of fun. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
|Image source: https://tinyurl.com/y9hr37j9|
|Image source: https://tinyurl.com/yapaectn|
|Image source: https://tinyurl.com/ycrburhr|
Tuesday, October 23, 2018
Wednesday, September 26, 2018
Wednesday, August 29, 2018
Here is a link to the slides this morning regarding:
Our Library Catalog and eBook Access *logins complete by Sat, Sep 1.*
The Decatur Book Festival
Tuesday, August 28, 2018
I am looking forward to another great year in the library here at the ANCS Middle Campus! Some upcoming events include:
- Summer Reading Book Club Lunches - to be held in the library during the last week of August. See photos on my Twitter Feed soon! --->
- BBB - Books, Buzzers and Breakfast! - formerly known as The Reading Bowl. We have taken this event in house and last year was a great success. We will begin meeting in October and will culminate with a Saturday morning meet in January of book discussion, book trailers, food, trivia and FUN! The reading list we use include ALL the books listed here.
- Spelling Bee - 5th annual spelling bee for ANCS students in Grades 4-8 will take place in early January. Spelling lists will be available soon. Lunch practice sessions with Ms. Linahan begin in December.
- Jason Reynold's Track Series Book Club - fans of this summer read will enjoy finishing off the rest of the series together this school year.
- 10th Anniversary Hunger Games Book Club - Will include reading the book/series, a movie showing and possible trip to The Swan House - more details soon.
|*image from http://www.panempropaganda.com/|
SEE YOU IN THE LIBRARY!!