We will meet on Mondays after school from 4:00 to 4:45.
At the beginning, we will mostly spend this time reading, discussing books and creating a bank of trivia questions of the books we have read. The most critical practice sessions are in December and January, when we are actively practicing trivia questions with our buzzer system.
I expect to have more info about our meet with APS soon. It is usually the last weekend in January.
Here is the list of books.
Here is the summary form students will fill out for each book that is read.
Here are the rules and expectations:
- Students will read at least 5 of the 20 books. The more one reads, the better. READ. READ. READ. Students may be assigned certain books to be sure we have our bases covered.
- Students will fill out a summary/trivia form for the books that they read.
- Students should come to team practice as often as possible. Those who have occassional schedule conflicts may still practice by reading, filling out the summary/trivia form and keeping in touch with Ms. Linahan about absences.
- Students will behave accordingly at team practice: stay focused, support others and have fun. Disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.
- Team players for the actual bowl will be determined by the level of participation and knowledge gained over the next few months. Students may rotate rounds of player/alternate at the meet.
- Students who do not walk/ride bikes should be picked up at 4:45 or go to after-care.
Here are a list of meeting dates:
Sep 18, 25
Oct 2, 16, 23, 30
Nov 6, 13, 27
Dec 4, 11, 18
Jan 8, 15, 22