Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Welcome Back!

It is great to be back in the media center! I am enjoying the new students as well as our returning crew. We have tons of enthusiastic readers this year. The library averages 40 check-outs per week, and one week into this school year, we have already circulated a whopping 64 books! 

Some things I look forward to in the coming weeks: helping our students become more savvy digital citizens and improving their research skills. We will also participate in Georgia's Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl. I will post more details about that in the coming weeks. A book club will also be happening for interested readers....and it appears we have plenty of them!

Finally, I must urge everyone to stop in and see the media center. Loads of improvements have been made over the last few years - especially with the help of PTCA mini-grants. Last year, along with generous donations from the PTCA and auction, I was able to procure new furniture for our reading area. And although decorating skills have never been my strong-suit, I must say....the space looks great! The new chairs, loveseat, ottomans and rug blend wonderfully with the NEW CARPET that was installed over the summer. It's just a lovely place to be. Thanks to all who were involved in making it happen. Please come by and see us some time!



No comments:

Post a Comment