Wednesday, February 7, 2018

A Wrinkle in Time Book Club Sign-up!!!



*Deadline for entries is 5pm Thursday, February 15.
*Winners will be given their books by Friday, February 16.
*The matinee will be Saturday morning, March 10. Awaiting movie times to be posted.
*The book/film discussion date will be determined once the group is formed

Note: Any ANCS student, staff member or parent/guardian may join our club by reading their own copy or a library copy and paying for their way at the matinee. Just let me know if that is what your family intends to do.

The 15 middle campus students who are selected from this entry process will win a book, admission to the film and an $8 concessions credit. Selection is based on entry responses regarding a significant book the student has read. It should be concise, but meaningful. Shoot for around 100 words.

This is an example response - Ms. L's very own (108 words):

When I was nine years old, I moved to a new town and a new school for fourth grade. I had a difficult time time making friends and turned to books for company. It was then I stumbled across A Wrinkle in Time (by Madeleine L'Engle) in our school library. This was the first science fiction book I had ever read.  The idea of time travel and good versus evil blew my mind! I was hooked. I continued to read all of Ms. L'Engle's other books and started a lifelong quest in looking at my own humble place in the universe and learning about different religions and faiths.

SIGN UP HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment